Monday, July 23, 2012

"triangle square" card for rogue redhead designs


I saw the idea for this shape of card on the create and craft channel ( I think it was Debbie Moore) and thought I'd like to give it a try. I like the way the whole card is made out of just the front piece.

I actually made this with really thin card as a trial and was surprised by how well it stood up, so thought it would be useful as a quick notelet.


I wanted the square part to stand out from the border when standing, so I masked off the border and inked with tattered rose distress ink. I added the splashy background by using the background stamp from the beach babes plate. I used it unmounted and rolled it up so I could just "roll" the pattern onto the areas I wanted.


The flower is from the floriculture plate and the words are from the bits and pieces set all stamps are from rogue redhead designs

13 comments:

  1. How clever! Lovely card Joanne, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,
    My name is Jenny and I am one of the editors for AllFreeCrochet.com. I see that we have one of your crochet patterns listed in full on our sister site, FaveCrafts. I wanted to confirm with you that we have permission to link to your projects, as well, and feature them in our newsletters with the image. Our newsletter (Hooked on Crochet) goes out to more than 400,000 subscribers, so it will definitely help bring traffic to your site.
    Also, I am putting together a free eBook for fall and I was hoping to include your Basket Weave Crochet Neck Warmer pattern. I wanted to ask your permission to use the project in its entirety.
    If you could please email me at jbenoit@primecp.com when you have a minute. Thanks!
    Jenny
    jbenoit@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you showed the back view cause I couldn't figure out how it was done. Very clever. Lovely stamping and inking. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! What a great way to create a fabulous shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and unusual card !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card!

    Thank you for showing the back-view! I was unable to watch the whole of the demo for this card shape on C&C, and I hadn't worked out how it was done, but now I know!! It would be a lovely way of using up the half card-blanks that I get left with, after I have made easel cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this fold before. Interesting idea.
    Glad to see you are still crafting now and again (more than me probably lol).

    Hope all are well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joanne, This is great . A clever design and so cheap on card :0) It looks pretty amazing too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is just lovely JOanne, not sure how I missed it when you posted it.

    Not seen you in blogland for a while and hope you are well .... just busy!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is good share , Dig Mart online shop can help you buy what you want to buy ,ths !

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!