Saturday, September 04, 2010

Memory Window box


I was sent one of these window shadow boxes to play with, from Happy Daze.I immediatley knew what I was going to do with it as soon as I saw it. I very simply decorated it to created a memory box wall hanging for those little precious bits and bobs you accumulate when you have a baby. I made this for my youngest son, who is now eight.

To decorate it I simply painted the lid with blue and white acrylic paints using a sponge. I then stamped the lid with blue acrylic paint using the Scrolls Work background words stamp which is available from Happy Daze.

I lined the inside with white card stamped with background words in pumice stone distress inks. I added some photo corners. and finally I punched holes in the box with a crop-a-dile and added string to hang.

I thought this would make a nice gift for new parents, in it's unfilled state.

These boxes would also be great for holiday memories, with a photo at the back and the random shells, rocks etc that kids insist on bringing back from holiday.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Joanne, just beautiful, a brilliant keepsake:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Love what you did with this treasure box! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful little piece of art. Love the subject you picked for the contents.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!