Thursday, April 28, 2011

A royal cup of tea






I have the cucumber for the sandwiches, and the scones and strawberries, and of course a perfect tea cosy for the many, many cups of tea I shall drink while watching the wedding tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my teapot doesn't really do it justice as it has a funny flat spout.

I got the pattern as a free ravelry download by Anna Elliot. However the intarsia garter stitch just wasn't for me, so I changed the pattern (quite a lot actually)

first I changed it to stocking stitch, added two extra rows to the centre stripe, did away with the bobble and the lining, I only patterned the front, I crocheted around the edges, and I did it in vintage colours.... other than that it's exactly the same!!

5 comments:

  1. THATS MORE LIKE WHAT I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE!!

    lol...mad knitting!! FAB!!! Love the vintage aspect. lol @ 'other that its exactly the same' :0)

    I shall be joining you in watching the wedding (in spirit not in reality, before you start cutting the crusts off my cucumber sandwiches lol)and have my Order of Service all ready to belt out singing along with the hymn 'Jerusalem' :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent Joanne - can just see you sitting there with your cumcuber samwiches, drinking your tea with your little pinkie raised. lol enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cozy! I shall probably drinking quite a bit of tea myself tomorrow although I saw hubby pop a bottle of bubbly in the fridge earlier lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!