Monday, April 11, 2011

st luke's charity challenge


I absolutely love this idea for a blog challenge. You make your card according to the theme and then, if you want to you, send your card for the charity to sell to raise money. (you can of course send extra too)
The first theme is so simple, anyone can do this one, "Say it with flowers".
I've made a one-layer card (hmmm how surprising).
I've been playing around with making inking look like fabric. Brayering onto non-glossy card gives a more irregular finish than glossy, and the drawn blanket stitch edge hopefully adds to the effect.

As I am sending this card to the charity, I have tried to go for a generic card that will sell (fingers crossed!!)
The flower (from Jo's flower Cube) and altered happy stamp are all from Stampotique and may also be available from Happy Daze in the UK.

10 comments:

  1. HI Joanne...a very pretty card and its perfect for our first challenge over at St Lukes Charity card challenge....please come back again next month.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha so thats what you bought the brayer for........
    Terrific card and am sure it will sell.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for our challenge! I love it. The brayering really does look like a sweet little blanket - how clever :0
    Thanks so much for your support - I hope you come back again to play next month...
    Best wishes
    Craftilicious x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I agree great idea! I love your card, it's going to sell fast, beautiful colour blending:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitching, it adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne - this is really lovely, the colours are super and I like the effect brayering onto non-glossy stock gives. Thanks for joining in our first St Luke's Charity Card Challenge. Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely `Happy` card. Thank you so much for joiningus at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge. See you next month.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one a lot, as it's a bit different. I'm sure it will sell!

    Thanks so much for joining our first challenge, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and a lovely card.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!