Sunday, April 10, 2011

yooohoooo I'm back!!




a whole week without blogging, that doesn't happen often... well, I have been away on holiday to lovely Somerset.
So first thing I need to do is check in with some of my favourite challenges and see what I can combine.

aha, wednesday stampers "cake" and Less is more "one layer card with sentiment as the focus"
I chose the smallest cupcake I could find, so that the sentiment stayed the focus on the card, but it did need the cupcake.
The sentiment is off the Children Plate from Scrolls work (expect to see a lot more of that plate...) and the cupcake is a free papermania one that came with the docrafts mag a while back. The embossing is a papermania embossing folder. I've coloured the cake with pencils and highlighted with stickles

I actually thought this would be a good card for a little girl's first birthday

27 comments:

  1. This is a real cutie Joanne, I think I must have the little cupcake stamp sculling around somewhere. It's amazing what I get reminded of from all our fabby submissions!
    Thanks for being such a great LIMette!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Jo Anne ... makes me hungry too ;)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - haven't even got my stamps out the packaging yet, love what you did with it though.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, great card, love it:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - hope you had a good holiday and the weather in Somerset was kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - love that little cupcake. :)
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a fab holiday...

    Loving your very sweet card and stunning embossing folder. Have that set of stamps and they are very versatile. Really like your creation:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great holiday, the weather was fab.
    Smashing card, you are so brilliant at making LIM. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanne, I love that little cupcake...and the embossing across the bottom! Great one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, especially with just the right amount of embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, FAB sentiment and cupcake
    Thanks as always joanne
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely elegant card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a good holiday down here in the west country :) Wasn't the weather beautiful!
    Love this very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, lovely embossing and so nice to hear you enjoyed yoru break too - welcome back

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fantastic card - love the cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beuatiful! Love the simple but elegant design.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Works perfectly - great take on the challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the embossing, like icing on a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really lovely simple card xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty and I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A real sweetie - and great touch of pink...
    Sarah at 127

    http://blueboxbabe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card - I agree that it needed the cupcake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like this card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!