Friday, August 05, 2011

Article in new Craft Stamper Magazine



I have the 5th part of my series on one layer cards in the issue of Craft Stamper which is out today.
In this "episode" I look at holes and apertures. In one of the "further idea" pieces I made confetti shaped holes, and I've been asked if they are hard to do.

They are not!

here's a quick tutorial of how to do them. This is not the card that is in the magazine, but a quick one made with a stamp from Stampotique.

Stamp image


to create confetti, use craft knife to make a wiggly cut


make another wiggly cut alongside this, crossing it once, twice, or more, if you like, or you can not cross them at all.


join the ends of the lines with cuts.

pop out the pieces

repeat process for more confetti


add more holes with a hole punch.

colour the image, and the inside of the card if desired.

7 comments:

  1. love this card....I am soooo glad to see that someone besides me:) likes cutting chunks out of their artwork....you should see some of my canvas art:)I think it would be right up your alley...right down your street. Please click on my email to this comment..as I have a coool link for your nail blog that you might like. I would send it via email. HAve a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Joanne. I've often used hole punches to create see throughs to alphabet letters but didn't think of using them simply as decoration. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab feature in the mag Joanne but its even better to see you doing the confetti one here!

    Have to say though I think my ability to wield a craft knife leaves a fear in the hearts of anyone near me!!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea even though I'm not friends with my craft knife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and so very festive! Fab idea! I am running to get my Craft Stamper right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decoration is awesome and great to work on any occasions card. It is so beautiful card. These three friends card is wonderful. I really impressed with your work and those colors you used in it.
    detektiv

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!