Monday, April 13, 2015

Herdwick Handbag - Crochet

Do you like my new handbag?



I was recently on holiday in Patterdale in the Lake district and was greeted by this very tempting sign opposite the cottage where we were staying.

This led me to this wonderful little treasure trove where I purchased this little beauty.


Now Herdwick wool isn't soft. But it's tough and comes in the gorgeous natural colours of the herdwick sheep.


I decided that this made it just perfect to make a handbag. Now I didn't expect a 100g ball to go that far so I decided to make a small bag. As it turned out I could have gone bigger as I had 22g left.



But I like the size, it's just perfect for the essentials (Phone, glasses, purse, keys and lipstick!)




It's crocheted with a 4mm hook. I plan on writing instructions if anyone is interested?



1 comment:

  1. That's lovely & the little sheep button is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!