Friday, September 11, 2009

happy "eye-surgery"!!


you can't find cards for that from Hallmark (or maybe you can, I don't honestly know)
Anyway, my friend is having laser treatment tomorrow, and although I know it's now really commonplace, I think she is exceptionally brave.
My friend is Not A Crafting Person (yes it deserves capitals) but she has a bit of a thing for basic grey papers. Also note the bubble stickers, they reminded me of contact lenses, which she won't need anymore, and the tiny text? well hopefully she should be able to read that alot easier too!!

All stamps are by PaperArtsy

I am entering this for the "open" theme on wednesday stamper (let's face it, it wouldn't fit any other theme!!)

... I was saturday surprise has a "parts of the body" theme...how perfect is that!

17 comments:

  1. hee hee, there really is a stamp for EVERY occasion! great card, hope all goes well for your friend, she's braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Your friend is going to love this card! Great job!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant Joanne - very imaginative and thoughtful and a lovely card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your friend is brave too! I'll carry on wearing my glasses. :o)

    Love the card - great idea with the small script and the bubble stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a thoughtful and cool card Joanne!
    ~*~ Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend will adore this beautiful card, especially with all the thoughtful details you included!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards they are beautiful!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fitting card Joanne and as you say not one to be found in the shops.
    Think you've done a brilliant job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant ideas and a lovely card!! hope all's well with your friend!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card - I'd love to have that surgery done but I'm too much of a coward - hope it all goes well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect card in every way Joanne! Hope your friend's surgery went well! x

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!