Saturday, September 26, 2009

mini mittens



I am making these little mitten christmas decorations to sell at the school "christmas shopping evening" I hope they sell!!!
here's the patten:
I use three double pointed needles: 3.25 mm and double knit yarn.
cast on 18 stitches
k1p1 rib for 6 rows
k8 kfb k1 kfb k to end
purl 1 row
K8 kfb k1 kfb k to end
slip first 7 stitches onto needle 1, next 8 onto needle 2, last 7 onto needle 1
on middle 8 stitches, join new yarn (I work from middle and outside of ball at same time) k 5 rounds as though you are making an i-cord, then k2tog accross, sew through 4 stitches and fasten off
go back to needle one, purl across, picking up and purling 2 stitches at thumb.
continue in st-st until there are a total of 14 rows of st st
last row, k1 sl1 k1 psso, k2 k2tog, k2 sl1 k1 psso, k2 k2tog k1
sew through remaining stitches and sew seam.

embellish as required.

You can also find my pattern on the Favecrafts website here
and here is a picture of 49 of the decorations all ready for the sale.

9 comments:

  1. these adorable Joanne - I cant see why they wouldnt sell,I know I'd buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab Jo!!! I agree with Paula, I bet they go like hot cakes
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous, Joanne. I'd buy them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And why wouldn't they sell - they are adorable - love these

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini mittens are adorable and I am sure they will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...these are sooo adorable! If I went to a sale and saw these, I would definitely buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! I've always wanted to knit a bunch of tiny mittens for my tree, but have never had time to do it by the time Christmas rolls around. :)

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!