Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"fairy cake"



You see, up until recently in the UK you never heard the term "cupcake", to us they are "fairy cakes", so I decided to revive the "fairy cake" by making my cake with an actual fairy on it.
This was Jo's birthday card and also my piece for the gingersnap DT this week, where the theme is wings. I have stamped moon girl (from stampotique) three times: once onto vellum, twice onto card, then layered her up so the vellum wings are sandwiched between the body and the card wings. The fairy cake base is stamped onto patterned paper and I have coloured the top with markers.

As Sunday stamper's theme is also wings I am entering this card for that challenge as well

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Joanne, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession to make Joanne... I don't like this card! I LOVE IT!!!!! So much so.. I went and erm... bought Moon Girl off the back of seeing this on the GC photo album... is that nawty of me.. or am I just being a good girl and adding more rubber to the collection ROFL Thanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper.. did I mention ... I LOVE THIS CARD!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see a Fairy cake. Love the card it has such charm. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairycakes? Really? That's such a sweet name. I might have to adopt it!

    Very sweet card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Joanne. I too have now ordered the Moon Girl stamp. I don't have a fairy cake stamp though... yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sweet little fairy ... the dimension is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card! I love the way you used designer paper and the fairy is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, they will always be fairy cakes not cupcakes!! lol..love this little card and your scrollswork ones too...just about to play with my new scrolls stamps its like christmas every month!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!