Sunday, March 30, 2008

nest in a jar




On the forum I visit, we recently had a challenge to create a mixed media piece with a spring theme. This was my piece, It is a nest in a jar. I found this flat sided jar and had to use it for something. I made the nest with raffia and used a skeleton leaf in side the jar. I put one stamped egg (inka) so it stood up in the nest. I also sprinked a little flower soft into the jar for a bit of colour. I stuck the large bird from inka to the outside of the Jar. I glues some floral fabric and a fake flower to the lid,

The hardest thing was photographing it!

11 comments:

  1. that's very cute Joanne. love the Inka bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the lucky recipient - I can say its even more lovely in real life. Its so pretty, and has pride of place in front of my PC!

    Thanks Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bird on the front is fab, love it, I bought baby food yesterday to get jars after seeing this on the forum! it's fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the tag gone?- that was a perfect little addition.

    Love this- bet it was a really good size to work with.

    I think alot of my favourite creations of yours have been 3D pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad that you persisted in your photography. This is so very unique and lovely. The birds are so busy getting their nests ready at this time of year. Wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous piece of art Joanne, love the whole concept but you really ought to have included the tag. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great slant on the challenge, love the main bird image, wonderful piece of work to receive:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you do with Jars! have one of my own and they really are beautiful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure she just loved receiving this! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!