Tuesday, September 02, 2008

mixed media monday



The theme at mixed media monday this week is nature. I immediatly thought birds, and I had this lovely new little quote stamp to use.
I decided to do a house shape as I was inspired by the bird house by Diane on the mixed media monday site.
The collage image and background stamp are also by inka. the ribbon sticker and the sticker in the flowers were something I found today when I was sorting out the HUGE pile of magazines by the side of my bed. They came free with the docrafts magazine. it was my "use them or bin them" philospophy that kicked in there.
The heidi swapp ghost bird was a present from jo ages ago and was another of those "it's gorgeous, but what on earth do you do with it?" things. I like it on this though.

This is also my contribution to uk art raffle this month who's theme is "take flight"

19 comments:

  1. Great work. I do love the bird and the quote. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the ghost birdie. I always feel the urge to alcohol ink those up, or stain the edges, to make them show up more. But I think on this it is really effective completely clear. I need to be braver :D

    I like the quote stamp too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design, and I like the clear bird as well. It's a very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is wonderful.
    Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Joanne, the bird is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - love it Joanne - love the ghost bird and great that you stamped it. You're on a roll lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment I am really inspired with all that you do

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Like everyone else who has commented, I love the ghost bird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its gorgeous, love the transparent bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bird stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous piece Joanne. that acetate bird is the perfect touch to finish it off. love the unusual shape of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so original! I'd agree that I'd think too what do I do with an acetate bird but know I know should I ever get one! lol Great result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Joanne! I'm honoured to have inspired such a lovely piece! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. This so light and airy...beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever! Very clever. Glad the birds came in handy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! What a great way to use the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is gorgeous, love that little bird!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!