Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hallowe'en : note the apostrophe!

If you know me well, you will know that I am on a personal mission to "stop the drop" of the apostrophe in the English usage of Hallowe'en. I won't rant too much about it. I know language evolves, but I think it just looks so ancient and beautiful with the apostrophe, why lose it? It's not like it is used that much throughout the year.

So please, just for me,
use the apostrophe!



Anyway, back to business, I have made this card for Wednesday Stamper.
This is the first time I have tried this diamond fold style of card, and it was much easier than I expected, and I just made it from a strip of A4 card. The witch is from The Stampsmith, and is the witch from the Wizard of Oz plate. The detail on the left hand side is a scrap of lace.

I have included a couple of extra photos to show the detail of the fold, in case you are not familiar with the style of fold.



19 comments:

  1. Great card Joanne and although I am as guilty as the next person for missing it out I do agree that Hallowe'en does look so much more ancient with the apostrophe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and clever card AND it's true you learn something new everyday .... I had never seen Hallowe'en spelled with an apostrophe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fun and fab and looks terrific. Very inspirational joanne
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhh I Love this Hallowe'en card! LOL. That fold is really cool and one I need to try out. Wonderful creation Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the apostrophe Joanne. Great card. It's a fab fold to do isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me do it Joanne ;)

    http://bitze.wordpress.com/2009/10/22/autumns-antics/

    pop over soon, Autumn is having a fun Hallowe'en giveaway tomorrow actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Joanne!! And yeah, let's keep it Hallowe'en!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great art work, fantastic idea and creation.
    Huga Anja

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you thru Patty at Magpies Nest! I love the apostrophe and I will keep it for my Hallowe'en post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an excellent halloween card (ooo arent I the rebel lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - and I like the apostrophe, too! Do you know "Eats, shoots an leaves" by Lynne Truss? Now, that's something about language and interpunction!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great...love the fold of your card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card and the apostrophe!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your wonderful witch! Fantastic Hallowe'en card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a fabulous Hallowe'en card Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're not on your own fighting for the hallowe'en apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!