Monday, June 30, 2008

getting in a mess!


The theme at step outside your box saturday is "Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy!!!!" and the theme at 4x4 friday is orange and yellow.

so I decided to mess about with orange and yellow acrylic paints. I then decided to have a go at an acrylic paint image transfer. I am always put off doing this as if (or in my case when) it goes wrong, it's a waste of a perfectly good image. but I decided to take the chance and make mistakes if necessary and I made this. The image is by Inka, the transfer didn't go that well (I just don't have the patience to let it dry!!) but I decided to go with it anyway, highlighting the main image with the ringer stamp, and acrylic paint. I also used a swish stamp and some collage words from Inka.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is really striking.
    Fabulous 4 x 4. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great Joanne, I love the orange and yellow. You do need patience with the acrylic transfers, the number I've messed up because I've started rubbing the paper too soon isn't worth thinking about, lol, but you've rescued this one nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its very cool Joanne - real fun colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it - totally fabulous love the paint effects and the transfer looks like a ghost transfer and that its supposed to look like that. keep doing them, you will get addicted to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic colours and design!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne - it's brilliant! I do hope you're happy with this 4x4 because it works so well. I love Lisa's challenges because they are the toughest I have found so far... they really make you think!
    I haven't had problems with paint transfers, but I also haven't tried such vivid colours, so thank you for the inspiration.
    Would you mind if I featured this piece on Inspirational?
    Go here to check it out...
    http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne this is a gorgeous piece,love the colours.I've nominated you for an award,check my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out great I love the colours and the image highlighted by the circle idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your mess, Joanne, very arty. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant Joanne!! I love getting inky and painty (is that a word?)!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great 4x4 a good take on both challenges
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those citrus colours together and like your messy art Joanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally fabulous Joanne & I see they loved it over on the Inspirational blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting piece! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well at least you know what kind of mess to get into! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!