Wednesday, June 09, 2010

summer, summer, summer time...




The theme at the stampotique challenge is what summer means to you. for this particular challenge you don't have to use stampotique stamps, but for me Jasmin sums up what summer's all about, laying on the grass daydreaming amongst the flowers.

I am also entering this for a few other challenges:
Tag tuesday- a few of my favourite things, as there are quite a few of my favourite things on this tag: acetate, torn paper, ribbon, Jo's Jasmin stamp and her fabulously quirky daisies. Also I have used my current favourite method of colouring, simple pencils, as well as a simple clean style.

Gingersnap: transparencies

Mixed media monday: floral tributes

The stamps I used are Jo's stamps from Stampotique, available in the UK from Happy Daze.

27 comments:

  1. Definitely how I want my summer to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Joanne, beautiful. The lime green ribbon and pink Jasmin.....wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Summer Tag, wonderful colours and image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same thing!!! she looks so relaxed and like she is enjoying the summer! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great use of Daisy Daisy, J also fits beautifully onto that die shape doesnt she...this is how summer is in my dream world ...but in reality its how my card looks lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, the acrylic works so well. Thanks for joining us at SDC x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! what a she make an adorable Tag! I love the soft way you colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure does conjure up sweet summertime memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanne, she looks delightful perched on this uniquely shaped tag. Really like the acetate. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tag Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful as always.
    Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful and dreamy summer tag, Joanne! Thanks for joining us on SDC #9.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Joanne! Thanks for playing along with us this week!
    :)
    Kim P.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag! Enjoy your summer! Thanks for joining SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is BEautiful! Thanks for playing with us!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. this image looks so lovely and serene the way you used it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful summery tag Joanne! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like what you've done with the transparency - it's so delicate and it really shows off the image!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun tag! And it definitely says summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How creative Joanne, Love your use of acetate, and such a sweet image and pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Tag! What a lovely idea to put the stamp on acetate. I would love to have some of those summerdays too...

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!