Friday, February 11, 2011

chocolate heart card





My book group meets on the second Monday of each month and of course that means that it falls on valentine's day this month. We considered moving it, but then decided that really we might as well be with friends than forcing our husbands to treat us to overpriced meals full of loved up youngies.
I decided though that I wanted to mark the date with a little valentine something for the members of the group. I found these little chocolate hearts, and then decided to make them into cards. I used a book page for the heart, and used this fabulous Mark Twain quote, which could have been made for book groups! both the floral heart and quote are from Scrolls Work Stamps.


These cards were so quick to make, I'm thinking they would make the coolest wedding invitations.

I decided not to put these cards in envelopes, as they are so bulky, but make little brown paper bags


After they were all finished I closed the bags with a presonalised embellishment stapled to the bag

This fits many challenges this week, including
Papertake weekly - have a heart
Crazy Amigo - valentine
Created by hand - queen of hearts (As I'm "in charge" of the reading group lol)
wednesday Stamper - expressions of love
theme thursday - words


it also fits the stampotique challenge, so don't forget to check that out, you could win $30 of stamps!! I haven't shown my piece for this yet as the stampotique team is so big at the moment, the designers' pieces are being staggered on the blog, so keep checking back for inspiration.

25 comments:

  1. simple, elegant and yum!
    thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous idea and gorgeous card with a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow am going to have to join a bookgroup instead of reading on my own, providing there is someone like you making these scrumptious cards. Of course the chocolate has nothing to do with it........lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I want to come to your book club! These are just too adorable. Love the bag with the little embellishment stapled on. I LOL'd at: 'overpriced meals full of loved up youngies.' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne, love your gorgeous gifts, everything about them says so much about you, attention to detail and creativity and kindness, what a star!
    Can I join your book club, now? LOL :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to receive one of those - gorgeous Joanne (sorry - that really wasn't a hint! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hearts and such a gorgeous idea.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a wonderful idea Joanne and I just love this cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cool. What a fabulous idea. Gift and card in one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful take on this theme, very yummy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make cards and just love this idea!!!! Perfect gifts! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look good enough to eat, Joanne. What a fabulous idea. Love your paper bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these Joanne, simple and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little gifts are absolutely gorgeous Joanne, lucky book club girlies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cool idea Joanne, love the paper bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUMMY!!!Love your sweet card! Thanks so very much for joining us this week at Papertakes Weekly Challenge.

    Come and visit me anytime!

    {{hugs}}
    Karen
    www.creativeyearnings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!