Thursday, May 26, 2011

really cute baby knitted waistcoat





Despite the fact that I must have thousands of knitting patterns, when I recently saw this pattern and yarn in a knitting shop recently I knew I had to make it for a friend who will soon be having a baby boy. I made it in the first size, and it is made with just a single 50g ball of this love sirdar snuggly crofter DK yarn.

Don't you just love the fairisle effect, which has been made small specifically for small knits. You can see how different it looks on the front and the back due to the different widths of the pieces.

but it still all works together. I even like the randomness where the front joins the back (and yes I'm very proud of my seams, lol)

5 comments:

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!