Friday, March 28, 2008

April's Inchie swap: Children

The Guest Artist for this month's inchie swap is Jo Capper-sandon (a master stamper according to stampington magazine, lol). Jo is a good friend of mine and has been a huge inspiration to me. Her blog is full of the most wonderful elegant creations.

This inchie she made is no exception.



This is her introduction to this months swap
Inchies to me have always been a challenge as the space is... well,... only an inch, so the image that is used I feel is so important as there's usually not enough room for a lot else!

On being asked to guest design for Joannes Inchie Swap (thankyooooou Joanne) I opted for Children as the theme, as there are quite a few stunning children themed stamps/images out at the moment. Spoilt for choice I opted for this one which is part of a larger stamp by Paperbag Studios. I used Flowersoft at the base of the inchie (inspired by Joannes use of it in earlier creations of hers), text and glitter.

I hope you are inspired by the theme to join in and take part in the swap.


The rules are the same as always, and the inchies are still sent to me, I am still organising the swap, Jo's work is done!
1) Make 9 inchies, send 8 of them to me.
2) If you are in the UK enclose a SAE with a LARGE stamp.
3) if you are out of the UK, send me a small gift, or an ATC and I will cover the postage. please also send an envelope with your address on.
4) They can all be the same, or all different, whatever!!
5) they can be any media you like as long as they are 1" square.
6) there are no rules how to make them or finish them.
7) you do not need to mount them (just make sure they won't fall out of the envelope)
8) the swap is open to anyone, even if you have never made inchies before.
9) put your name on the back of each inchie
10) let me know by email, or by commenting on this thread, that you have posted your inchies, and then I will know to expect them.

closing date 30th april just email me for my address if you need it.

FAO creative christin - of course you can take part, email me through the link in my profile and I will send you my address.

14 comments:

  1. A tiny work of art with a huge impact! Very inspiring, Joanne. Count me in for your swap. I'll let you know when I send them from Washington, USA.
    Creatively Yours, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning,so glad to of been introduced to this blog...will be back x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou very much for asking me Joanne and for your kind words. Inchies are always a lot of fun and I hope you get a lot of people taking part in the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is a stunner. Gorgeous effect with the FS, fab stamp as ever from Jo's studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will take part matey....Will send you the inchies...as soon as I finished them...

    Hugs
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous sample.. will definitely take part this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This inchie is just gorgeous!
    Will be sending my April inchies your way by the end of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out about inchies...can I still participate in the swap?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous inchie! I've never heard of Flowersoft but it looks wonderful...I'll have to go looking for it now! My inchies are on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I join in the swap please - might need your address again Joanne - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine are made & are being put into the post tomorrow.

    http://craftyjennica.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/children-inchies/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!