Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Weekend



and apparently St Patricks day too! according to sources St Patricks day has been moved this year to 15th March due to a clash with Holy Week.

I'm not Irish, and I don't celebrate st Patricks day (although I feel that I've read nearly enough Marian Keyes books to qualify as a bit Irish, lol) but I made this card for the Inka gallery. it was a little challenge to myself to make a st patricks day cards without any themed stamps, so I've used Erica (surprise, surprise) and I've used The vine background on the freehand cut hearts. I've embossed this with a verdigris powder, which I think you can see better in the close up.

17 comments:

  1. Wow - very cool. Great take on the paddys day thing without making it tacky!!! I am impressed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Love the glitter shamrock. I found your blog by googling "Bird Inchies" because a friend said my bird inchie blog post showed up. Yours does too! We are celebrities in our own little one inch worlds- lol. :) Never thought to turn mine on point like yours- good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this beautiful.
    and such a lovely design.
    thank you for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the vine texture- great idea... this girl is one useful stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Deine Karte hast Du wunderschön gestaltet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vine background great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out good Joanne - - love the heart embossing.Havn't used the stamp yet - maybe soon.c

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's lovely Joanne. a completely (and much nicer)slant on a St Patrick's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a marvelous idea to use a shamrock as wings for this little gal....and gorgeous wings at that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Joanne, lovely to see Erica in green too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Joanne! Love how you did the shamrock

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great embossing, Joanne. Love your St Patrick's card. With my brother and son born on the 17th of March, we also consider ourselves half-Irish. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, adorable! I love the shamrock wings, she's a lovely St Patrick's fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how did i miss this????
    this is great, love the background texture, it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I love this paddys day card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and much more impressive in real life! I am so privileged to have received this for the gallery! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable! I love little Erica :)

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!