Thursday, March 06, 2008

a couple more Inka Cards

This first one uses an inka collage image on vellum. I wasn't quite sure what to do with this one at first, because of course attaching vellum has it's own problems. I didn't want to go the normal route of a brad in each corner, so I decided to sew it. This is the first time I've really had a go at sewing on a card. I will definitely do it again.
This also uses the background writing stamp.This card was a birthday card for my good friend Galina


For this second one I had stamped and watercoloured the nude zodiac from inka, and I was looking for a background. I decided to make my own. I used the background vines stamp, which will cover a c6 card in one stamp. I also stamped a flourish from inka over the corner. I embossed the vine stamp again on the scrap accross the card and embossed with copper. I made the scratches using a ruler.

8 comments:

  1. I love the first one Joanne - that random row of stitching across the top really appeals to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pieces - love how you did the zodiac colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both very pretty love the colours & styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are lovely, Joanne. I love how you've attached the vellum on the first one. It definitely adds to the overall look of the card.

    The colouring on the second one is gorgeous too. Beautiful pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, both of your cards look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great cards Joanne - I love the stitching on the first one - I'm well impressed - I would have never been able to do that so straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne.....these are great and the first one is so pretty with the lace :o)

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!