Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm a Happy Stamper!



I had a fantastic time at Happy Stampers on Saturday. I didn't buy much (although there was plenty to tempt) but I did get some stamps from Stamp Camp and some metallic mesh ribbon from ribbon box.
The words on this card are from a brilliant Stamp Camp set, and the girl of course is from Lili of the Valley. I've made the detachable ribbon brooch from the metallic mesh.


The image is coloured with pencils, I have gone round the image with my lightest grey and blended with a blender pencil to give depth to this one layer card. I've also finished with a touch of glitter.

(as my little girl has a tiara, I'm entering her for Crazy Amigos' princesses and queens theme.)


Just wanted to say a big "Hi" to everyone that came to speak to me on Saturday when I was demoing for Happy Daze . It was just brilliant, and I just loved demoing. I'll let you in to a secret now, that's the first time I've ever crafted in front of anyone, except my kids!!
Just love this picture, that Chris took. it almost looks like I knew what I was doing!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time and, yes, you DID look like you knew what you were doing! FAB LOTV card from you too - lovely brooch

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee Love that saying with Miss Stroppy.

    And you were brilliant!! LOVED your demo pieces. Cooling the crowd down with water was a stroke of genius AND genuinely tricking me about what I'd made/ hadn't made is still making me chuckle now lol. All you needed was a fat suit and I needn't have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Great idea to include the brooch.
    Looks like you had everything under control when doing your demo - was it scary?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to meet you at last, Joanne. You did a great job and I loved watching you demo.

    Fab card, I love that ribbon brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Joanne, Congrats on your first demo session, looks like it all went really well, so pleased for you:0) Gorgeous card, that image from LOTV is soo good but your sentiment is just a good. What a stroke of genius to make a brooch as a gift! magic, :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to meet you Joanne, the Show was fabulous. I'm glad that you enjoyed demoing, it's a great picture of you! Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that stamp Joanne and the sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! That ribbon broach is too cool! Loved the pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your attitude card with the gift attached. Such a great picture of you and glad you had a wonderful time. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!