Monday, September 05, 2011

Instant Distress - Rogue Redhead


I just love the large background stamp on the new beach babe plate from Rogue Redhead Designs. It's like instant distress. I stamped the whole thing in one colour and then turned it through 180 degrees and stamped it again in a different colour. Finally I inked it up with brown and dabbed my card randomly onto the stamp, the result.... instant distress background.
I simply finished by stamping words from bits and pieces and the fern from floriculture. I distressed the edges of the panel, mounted onto kraft card and added a ribbon.
A very quick and easy card, with a background which looks like it took time, but actually took seconds.

6 comments:

  1. I tried to guess how you'd done this before reading it... scrunched up....or sprayed, crinkled and flattened (all sound like a day in the life of me lol)...but nope its a stamp!! It looks like a genuine distressed technique! Brilliant. Great idea multi stamping it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played! Great use of the background so elegantly put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very useful stamp Joanne! great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully done! Great use of the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!