Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What's your poison?








The new challenge at Stampotique is "an altered poison bottle". This challenge really had me stumped, I just don't really do altering and I pondered and pondered and pondered until I ran out of time. I looked at bottles, but just drew a complete blank. In the end I decided to make a tag for a beer bottle, as that's my husband's favourite "poison". I also decided to go masculine, and also attempted "witty".



I used the quote "escape the ordinary...daydream" but changed it to "escape the ordinary...drink".
I thought that this little guy had an air of inebriation about him.




So all in all, I feel that I cheated on this challenge, but I think I might just get away with it.



And for those who remember and loved him, the little bowtie is an homage to Keith Floyd.

All stamps are from Stampotique

15 comments:

  1. What a smashing alteration to a bottle of beer

    Happy Wednesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes definitely a look of inebriation about him Joanne. love his bow tie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's a cheat!inspired and very cute!great trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's called lateral thinking - and a jolly good job you did of it too - such a great sense of humour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bottle collar design Joanne !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did great, this challenge stumped me as well since I don't do much altered either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee, hee, this is great fun and he does look a bit like Keith Floyd with that floppy hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cool idea! Love your little dude in his bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no that bow tie is tooooo much! lol great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. heehee yes he does look like he's sozzled, and just like Keith Floyd with that bow tie lol.

    Brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab Joanne, and it's even better when you see him as Keith Floyd - a brilliant idea x

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!