Sunday, October 19, 2008

paper patchwork


The theme at Gothic Arches is paper patchwork.
I have made this with scraps of blonde moments christmas paper. which I positioned randomly. I painted the joins and the edge with white paint. The Santa collage image didn't really stand out against the background enough, so I masked it and edged it with black ink using a cotton wool ball.
The snowflakes are stamped with acrylic paint.
The collage image, greeting, snowflakes and pine cone stamp are all from Inka.
I have made my arch from a A6 card so that I can use it as a christmas card.

25 comments:

  1. Wow this is really nostalgic.
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely arch and a super Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it, Joanne! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous idea to create a Christmas card. I love the quilted look that you've created with this marvelous paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to use Christmas paper to make Christmas cards! This is beautiful. I'm wondering if I could use last year's cards to make new ones by this method.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful christmas card with patchwork arch just wonderfully done!
    hugs ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely arch card, Joanne!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this patchwork arch....a great idea for using any old papers you might have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage, frosty look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I really like this....great vintage look to it1

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Joanne stunning Arch i really like it

    ReplyDelete
  12. How smart to get a head start on your Christmas cards. This one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful!!! I just love it!
    Lynn F.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is awesome! Love the white paint! Great addition, gives it a very wintery feel!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!