Saturday, June 20, 2009

mixed media monday numbers


I really wanted to use the paperartsy background number stamp on my piece for mixed media monday this week. However you'll have to look carefully to see it.
I found some old acrylic paints that I decided to use up, so applied them with a piece of torn cardboard to this mini canvas. I then stamped the numbers in gold paint, then dry stamped to lift some of the paint off, then finally when it was dry, I overstamped the same stamp in black stazon.

7 comments:

  1. Great colors and texture Joanne!
    ~*~ Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a really neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is absolutely stunning.
    Really unqiue. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that Joanne. So abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing - I love the effect you achieved! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. abstract and intense are the words that come to my mind when I first saw this piece, like it!

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!