Saturday, May 03, 2008

alcohol ink stripes

The theme on saturday workout is alcohol inks and the theme at wednesday stamper is stripes.

somehow these two ideas combined in my head and I wondered if it would be possible to make stripes with alcohol inks.
I also like to dig something out of my craft box (box? who am I kidding? lol) every now and again that I haven't used in a while and see if I can give it a new lease of life.





so, I dug out my card ribbler, put a piece of glossy card through it. I then inked this using the polished stone technique, so that only the ridges took the ink. I used the nature's walk set (unfortunately the wild plum had leaked as I hadn't replaced the lid properly and now my fingers are a lovely shade of pinky purple. I then used the blending solution so that some of the ink would fall into the dips yet maintain the overall stipe.
I stamped over this with a stampington background stamp. I then used the dreamward stamp from stampington and did her dress separately on striped paper, which I also used for the flowers. The Dream stamp is from Inka large collage words.

The second picture shows the texture in the background. I decided to make an ATC as I need 6 for a pay it forward swap. This is the sixth, so I can get them posted now.

25 comments:

  1. its gorgeous, your stripes loof fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Joanne this is brilliant. Amazing background. Love it.

    Thanks for playing Saturday´s Workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab!great effect with the stripes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work, this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Joanne. this stamp is really growing on me. like your idea of the way to apply inks on the ribbled card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Joanne, love faeries :)

    Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Joanne. That is an interesting technique, using the paper ribbler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanne, what a stunning piece of art - so lovely !

    Thank you so much for participating Saturday´s Workout with such a brilliant creation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful background and great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and original - beautiful card!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic idea Joanne, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ATC's looks really great, wonderful idea to combine both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is BRILLIANT, Joanne, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this effect. Something I have to try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning and I love your backgroud!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, faboulos artwork and beautiful colors
    Love it.
    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous art work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a delicious piece. the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joanne...this is fabulous. Love those purple stripes and the stamp is great :)

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!