Tuesday, May 13, 2008

knitted dotee dolls

I have seen lots of those sweet dotee dolls about on blogs, and I really wanted to do my own version, and in this piece I have finally managed to combine two of my favourite crafts, knitting and stamping, in fact there's even a little crochet in there.



I have made the doll from leftover sock yarn, as it is perfect for small projects and the self striping yarn makes it easy to add interest. The face is Gretchen from Inka, stamped onto fabric with versacraft.

I have photographed it on my hand to give an idea of the size.

9 comments:

  1. awwww, how cute is she. I knew you'd combine the two crafts one day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she is just spectacular! What a great combo of your favorite crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cooooool Joanne! what a clever crafter you are to combine all those different things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little doll, Joanne...wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Joanne.Looks great in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you officially must have the patience of a saint!,fabulous,love it

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!