Friday, May 30, 2008

Innovative stamp creations, sketch challenge

The third challenge on the innovative stamp creations blog is a sketch challenge


when I saw this challenge, the little tabs at the side made me think of a handy way to attach acetate to a background. so I created a background with oil pastels and distress inks and attached an ISC image stamped on acetate to this with paper string and a brad. The background paper is by papermania

I also added a clear dome sticker over the ball she is holding, for depth.
I love this stamp. This was actually the very first unmounted stamp I had. and was given to me by Jo. Up until this point I didn't "get" stamping at all. I had some stamps but nothing beautiful like ths one.

8 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch Joanne - its a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that was some time ago I gave you that.... great to see you use it still.
    LOVE how you used the ties to fasten on the acetate panel- a brilliant way to incorporate the sketch and the practical side of making the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh its beautiful - fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the natural colours of this and that image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely! I love the way you attached the acetate to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and great image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful card Joanne.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!