Sunday, May 18, 2008

TGIF paper rests


The theme ar TGIF is paper rests,
not a phrase I am familiar with, but on reading I assume it means the same as paper scraps.
I made this christmas hanging skinny! I don't normally think about christmas this early but I recently got this little girl (Rachel) from Inka, all wrapped up nice and warm, which seemed to go so well with the "let it snow" phrase I already had.
one of my favourite ways of using scraps of paper is paper piecing, i.e stamping onto scraps and joining the bits up, and that's how I did this outfit. Even the white was scraps from the back of a card that had gone wrong. Even the blue paper was a leftover just the right size.
I have made this "skinny" size, and added a ribbon so it can hang.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Joanne this is gorgeous.
    Amazing little card.
    Love them.

    Thanks for participating TGiF again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps Joanne, this little girl is gorgeous all wrapped up , thanks for joining in this weeks theme at TGIF.

    ReplyDelete

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!